38 Western Street
Boston, MA 10084
HARVARD UNIVERSITY GRADUATE SCHOOL
OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION BOSTON, MA
Candidate for Master in Business Administration
degree, June 1999. Member of Management Consulting,
Entrepreneurship, High Tech and New Media, and Business of Sports
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical
Engineering. GPA 3.9/4.0. Elected dormitory treasurer ($16,000
budget) and athletic chairman.
CHAINSHINE CONSULTING GROUP NEW YORK, NY
Summer Intern, International Department
Worked with client teams serving major
international paper and industrial products manufacturer.
- Analyzed product-costing process. Identified opportunities
to improve accuracy of product costs by 5%.
- Researched and reformulated procurement strategy for primary
raw material input with team members. Constructed model
demonstrating potential revenue increase of $15million.
- Conducted client interviews and led focus groups as part of
initial phase of re-engineering initiative.
- Participated in two-week training program composed of 15
CUMMINS ENGINE COMPANY COLUMBUS, IN
Technical Specialist, Automotive Customer
Pioneered and led the Market Segment Profile
- Characterized various market segments within Automotive
Business Unit and laid foundation for future work in other
Cummins business units.
- Interviewed external customers to better understand both
their spoken and unspoken needs. Collected detailed duty cycle
data from end-user applications throughout the U.S.
- Developed standard market segment profile format with input
from internal customers. Presented findings to engineering,
marketing, and sales organizations for developing
“value-packages” that give Cummins a comparative advantage
in the marketplace.
Senior Engineer, Concept Design Division
Designed entire diesel engine architecture
concepts for products beyond 2002.
- Led design of virtual engine using Pro/Engineer computer
aided design and finite element analysis tools.
- Demonstrated use of industry-leading technologies to help
meet future emissions standards and more stringent product
performance, reliability, and weight targets.
- Presented design concepts to senior management using
quarter-scale stereolithography model.
Senior Engineer, Product Design Division
Designed various diesel engine subsystems for
new product development programs.
- Led Cylinder Block Team in redesigning cylinder block for
new engine platform program.
- Concurrently engineered and integrated competing design
requirements as part of cross-functional team.
- Worked closely with suppliers and engine plant personnel to
gain broad background in manufacturing processes.
Native speaker of English, fluent in French,
some knowledge of Spanish. Extensive travel throughout East Asia.
Enjoy basketball, tennis and ballroom dancing.